5th June Protests in Hong Kong
Facebook page here
The protest actions that was organised in Hong kong at the morning by the Hong kong base national and regional Labour and progressive trade union, youth group and NGO. The groups submitted the protest statement to the representative of the Thai embassy call for these demands:
They strongly support the struggle of Thai citizens against the military junta, and demand the following:
– The Thai military junta must immediately stop the arbitrary detention of all human rights defenders.
– The Thai military junta must abolish Lèse Majesté and immediately release all political detainees held under this charge, as well as other prisoners of conscience.
– The Thai military junta must guarantee the freedom of the media and allow the free expression of all citizens.
– The Thai military junta must assure the freedom of assembly and the right to protest.
– The sovereignty belongs to Thai citizens. The military junta must immediately transfer power to a democratic elected civil government.
Organised and endorsed by
Asia Monitor Resource Center
Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Union